Monday, October 1, 2012

The Quest Begins

Part 1

I had found out about Naugles as a teenager (possibly earlier) but the current quest began in 2007 when I wrote a quick little remembrance of Naugles on my Orange County Mexican Restaurants blog (see entry). This was a rather off-the-cuff, quickly put together paragraph with no accompanying images. After I posted it I didn't think much more about it. But I started to notice that people were finding my blog by doing Naugles-related searches, a surprising amount in fact. Some were even searching to find out if there were any Naugles locations still around.

When I saw this type of interest in a long dead brand I figured there were enough people wanting Naugles to come back that something should be done about it. Knowing that Del Taco held the trademark for "Naugles" I started a new entry: Petition to Del Taco: Bring Back Naugles! This entry now has many comments on it with Naugles fans wanting it to be brought back. Being a lifelong fan of Del Taco I hoped the news would float its way over to them and that they would consider it and do something about it.

2 comments:

  1. We very much appreciate the research and effort you are putting into helping to bring back the beloved Naugle's restaurants we all love and miss! Del Taco food will NEVER taste as good as Naugle's. It was very sad news to hear years ago when Naugle's decided to sell off to Del Taco!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually like Del Taco but hope that they eventually decide to make an honest and mature decision in this particular matter. At the moment they are engaging in trademark bullying, which is defined as asserting ownership of a trademark simply because you have the financial means to do so without having any conceptual substance to back up your claims with. Unfortunately, their current stance is harmful to everyone including themselves and causes me to look adversarial towards them when I don't like looking, or being, adversarial towards anyone.

    And stay tuned because there's a lot more to this story coming, including news about Naugles food (the important part).

    ReplyDelete